This morning, Wednesday 25th November 2015, Seif Ples staff marched in the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence Campaign parade from the Honiara City Council to the Art Gallery. Our male advocates’ team are now stationed at the Art Gallery for the day to answer any questions the public might have of Seif Ples. Seif Ples has a 10 minute timeslot after 2pm to address the public regarding Seif Ples along with Our Telekom who speaks a little earlier.
Seif Ples will be holding an Open House on Friday night, 27th November 2015, from 4-7pm so please come along. We have coordinated a donation of 7 cartons of drinks so everyone doesn’t go thirsty. We are also organising some small platters of food to go around. We are hopeful that we will have a fair representation from the four partners MPNS, MHMS, RSIPF and HCC. Please come!
We are also marking this campaign with the Seif Ples Film Night, due to take place on Friday 4th December 2015 at the RSIPF field next door to the clinic. This will be a family event from 5-9pm where we will show the films ‘Grace’ and ‘Pawa Mere’. There will be guest speakers from MWYCFA and the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs, and we have White Ribbon Ambassador Mr Matt Boulton joining us to give the keynote address. Matt is the author of ‘Changing Tools’ and is a great speaker in terms of addressing men in ending violence against women. We are proud to have him join us from the 3rd to 7th December 2015 and we are looking to coordinate him into other 16 Days events where we can.
Please see the link below for further information on Matt Boulton:
As you might know, Seif Ples signed a three year agreement with Our Telekom last week and Our Telekom has been quick to make sure that they are involved in this year’s events to show their support and equip their customers with easy access to specialist SGBV services.
Yesterday we finalised the full commitment of Our Telekom to the 2016 16 Days campaign as:
- A text blast to 270,000 customers advising the Our Telekom commitment to ending violence against women and girls and directing customers to the Seif Ples free call 132. (yet to be finalised)
- Our Telekom electronic signboard runs the message “Our Telekom Welcomes the Opening of the 16 Days to End Violence against Women and Girls”.
- 3000 information brochures (Our Telekom and Seif Ples, directs people to Seif Ples for referral). 2 OT teardrops present at the Seif Ples table.
- 10 minute presentation on the commitment of Our Telekom to the cause of ending violence against women and girls at the opening ceremony.
- Our Telekom visibility at the official 2015 ‘16 Days to End Violence against Women Campaign’ street parade. Our Telekom flag upheld during parade, the only corporate to do so.
- Sponsorship of 300 of the official 2015 ‘16 Days to End Violence Against Women Campaign’ t-shirts